Change of Major

What if I want to change my major or minor and explore other options?

An undergraduate student may change from one degree program or area of academic concentration to another when space is available. Prior to changing a major and/or minor, students are encouraged to consider the implications on time-to-degree and cost to the student. Additionally, students must meet the prerequisites for admission to the new program. Once a change of major has been approved by the academic department, the department will send the major change information to the Office of the Registrar.

How do I receive my new I-20?

Once your information has been updated by the Registrar you are eligible for a new I-20 that reflects the change of major.

The ISSO runs a report every 21 days, at that time we re-print any change of majors and email the students when their I-20 is ready to be picked up.
If you receive confirmation on your change of major and would like the I-20 printed sooner, please email our office at