Need to Take a Leave of Absence or Withdrawal from the University
International students in F-1 status may take a leave of absence or withdrawal from UNC Charlotte as long as they will be outside of the U.S. during this time period.
Please discuss your plans to take a leave of absence with an advisor during advising hours and fill out the application below.
- Checklist - Checklist for taking an immigration leave of absence
- Application - Taking an Immigration Leave of Absence or Withdrawing from UNC Charlotte through ISSO Connect.
Returning from a Leave of Absence
If you are ready to return to UNC Charlotte after your leave of absence, see the links below.
- Checklist - Steps for returning from a leave of absence (see page 2).
- Application - Returning from a Leave of Absence application through ISSO Connect.
- NOTE - Please start your return process as early as possible so that the ISSO has time to activate your SEVIS record.